Should I Hire Tax Professional Near Me For Tax Relief

Can a tax professional near me help me with IRS problems?

Does hiring tax professionals near me really help?

What if I need representation by a good tax professional near me like a CPA help with my IRS problem?

Sometimes folks hire a professional like a CPA, Attorney, or EA, but not someone who specializes in tax resolution. Sometimes taxpayers with IRS problems decide to face the IRS on their own.

The best thing to do when faced with an IRS Problem is to hire an expert in resolution so you can get the best result possible.

Even if you owe $10,000 or less, have all your returns filed, and are able to pay the amount due over 36 months with a guaranteed monthly Installment Agreement (payment plan), it’s good to pay a small fee to have a professional set it up for you.   

Here are the top reasons why hiring a tax professional like a CPA near me, tax attorney or EA is the smart thing to do if you OWE money to the IRS or under audit

Contrary to popular belief, you DO have rights as a taxpayer you probably don’t even know exists.

One of those rights is the right to representation.

If an IRS revenue officer or revenue agent calls or “visits” you, did you know you are under no obligation to answer any of their (very intrusive and condescending) questions?

You politely respond by asking for their contact information and telling them you are in the process of hiring a professional to represent you and that this person will contact them directly.

A CPA or EA that deals with IRS problems for a living knows the “ins” and “outs” and how to deal with the IRS so that your rights are protected.

A resolution specialist also knows what is a lien how to get you the lowest possible settlement.

Generally, our clients never meet or speak with the IRS once we’re on the scene!

If you owe between $10,000 and $200,000 plus, the IRS has many NEW flexible programs available to taxpayers such as Offer in Compromise, Partial Pay Installment Agreements, Payment Plans, Penalty Reduction, and Currently Not Collectible Status to name a few.

Each carries with it its own unique process, procedures, and qualifications.

Having a good Tax Professional near me in your corner ensures you are taking advantage of the best options available to you.

Having unfiled returns (on average our clients have more than 3 years of unfiled returns) qualifies for getting professional help.

Not filing legally required tax returns when due is considered a federal misdemeanor which carries with it a $10,000 fine and potential jail time.

Generally, the IRS won’t throw you in jail unless the taxpayer is deemed to owe a lot of money and is uncooperative about getting the returns filed. Hiring a professional to represent you is the smartest move you can make here!

If you are being audited or about to be - The IRS will ask you about 50 very intrusive questions in the initial interview with them.  How you answer these questions will dictate the fate of your case.

Having a tax professional such as an IRS tax resolution specialist conduct these meetings, WITHOUT you is the best course of action I can recommend.

Half of the referrals to the IRS’s criminal investigation division (CID) come from that “nice” guy or gal your sitting across the table from at the audit.

One last thing….ask yourself this question: Would you go to court without a lawyer?

If you answered “yes” hopefully you know the law inside and out concerning your case, but if representing yourself doesn’t seem like a good idea it’s best to hire somebody who is well versed in the subject matter.


Offer in Compromise
Payroll Tax Debt
Wage Garnishment
Tax Lien Removal
Delinquent Taxes
IRS Transcript Analysis
Currently Not Collectible
IRS Audit Representation
Tax Debt Relief
Back Taxes Help
Unfilled Tax Returns
IRS Tax Levy
Penalty Abatement
IRS Instalment Agreement
Innocent Spouse Relief
Collection Statute Expiration